In Ontario, especially in cities like Toronto, Mississauga, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, and Barrie, families struggle to find high-quality, affordable childcare. As a result, families wait months and years to get their children into daycare. Many of those children age into kindergarten. Some parents decide to leave their children with relatives or hire a nanny. This means that children who could not get into daycare experience a lack of communication with their peers. The solution to this problem is to place children in licensed home daycares.
Benefits for Parents
1. Oversight: If you choose a licensed home daycare, you can rest assured that this daycare meets the high standards of the Ontario Ministry of Education. These daycares are regularly inspected to ensure the children’s health, safety, and development in care. Better Than Home also provides ongoing support, training, and oversight for its providers.
2. Group sizes: The number of children in a licensed home daycare is regulated. Today it is six children per provider. Your child will always be closely supervised. In a small group, children have a more accessible adaptation in their first days after leaving home. They can then build more reliable friendships with a consistent circle of peers.
3. Flexibility: Licensed home daycares are more flexible in their schedules. Your schedule will be reflected in your agreement with the daycare. Thus, you can choose the childcare that best suits your needs.
4. Quality: Better Than Home prides itself on the high-quality care delivered by every provider we work with. We make sure that the size of the space for games, food and relaxation is sufficient. Furniture and toys are regularly updated. The food is hot and fresh. Our educators participate in pedagogical training and seminars.
5. Communication: We maintain constant communication between parents and providers, both personally and using an application called HiMama. You will always be aware of the events in the kindergarten, the well-being and behaviour of the child. In case of any problems, Better Than Home Daycare Agency will act as a mediator in resolving conflicts between parents and providers.
Licensed home daycare is a good solution for active parents who want their children to grow up in a safe, educational and friendly environment.
For more information and a free consultation, contact us or fill out the form on our website.
If your friends or colleagues might find this article helpful, please don’t hesitate to share it on social media. Better Than Home Agency is happy to assist you in placing your child in childcare or starting your licensed home daycare.