Think of Better Than Home Daycare Agency as your support network service, top-of-the-line customer service with access to resources to help create and maintain valuable child care.
We work with experienced and new Providers to provide innovative and cost-effective solutions.
We provide consulting services to individuals looking to start home child care or become a licensed daycare.
Services For Providers
- Needs assessment and feasibility studies.
- Development of business plans.
- Design and development of educational programs.
- Preparing your environment for daycare – review the space, and customize plans that suit your needs.
- Development of policies and procedures for child care providers and child care programs.
- Development of schedules and documentation.
- Provider and parent consultation, interview and child care support.
- Support Services.
- Development of a website and promotional materials (optional).
- Assistance in licensing a kindergarten.
- Access to grants and government funding.
Independent home daycare providers
To be accepted as a home child care provider, individuals interested must meet the following minimum requirements:
- The applicant must be 18 years of age.
- The applicant must enjoy working with children.
- The applicant must provide a smoke-free environment, whether children are present.
- The applicant will be expected to have a supply of play materials and furnishings; a small investment may be required on your part. We would expect that every home child care is outfitted with toys, gates and appropriate child-sized furnishings to meet the children’s needs. Ask us! We can support you with it.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Check (provider and family members over 18).
- Medical requirements – You must provide a completed health assessment indicating free of infectious diseases.
- Successful home assessment, including completing a health and safety checklist.
- Up-to-date immunization records for all cats and dogs (if applicable).
- Standard level C first aid and CPR.
- To find out more about being a Provider, please fill out a Provider Registration form, and we will get back to you to discuss it.
We provide special conditions for experienced providers who already own unlicensed childcare.
We will provide comprehensive support in licensing your daycare, which will open you access to participation in government funding programs such as The Canada-wide Early Learning and Child Care (CWELCC).
Also, experienced providers can independently develop educational programs, involve children, and set the rules for the operation of your daycare (within the framework of the standards of the province of Ontario).
You get maximum flexibility in managing your home daycare!
Call Us Today for a free consultation.