Hello! With you Ekaterina Gueletina. Today we will discuss one of the possibilities for developing your career as an early childhood educator.
Better Than Home Agency has successfully partnered with Mothercraft College and offers a great opportunity!
Introduction to Home Based Child Care Learning for Immigrants online learning session (July 28 – September 1, 2022)
With funding from the Metcalf Foundation, Mothercraft is pleased to launch the online Introduction to Home Based Child Care Learning for Immigrant Women session beginning July 28, 2022. Attached to this email, you will find the Introduction to Home Based Child Care Learning for Immigrant Women flyer. Please note that this is a funded partnership project and there are specific requirements and eligibility criteria to register for this session. See below for more details.
Funded by the Metcalf Foundation, this session is designed to provide basic information to immigrant women who are interested in providing quality childcare in their own homes. This session is conducted online only with 12 pre-recorded webinars and 3 live streams (Zoom).
Online Dates: Thursday, July 28, 2022 to Thursday, September 1, 2022
You are eligible for this program if you are a:
- Permanent resident
- Convention refugee
- Protected person
- Refugee claimant
- Live-in caregiver
- Canadian Citizen (not born in Canada)
The 27 hours of online content delivery will provide an introduction to:
- Professionalism in Home Child Care
- Communication Skills
- Child Development
- Activities for children of different ages
- Positive Guidance of young children
- Health, Safety and Nutrition
- Regulations and Managing a Home Child Care Business
Note: Information on settlement, employment, and financial support will also be provided.
To receive the Certificate of Attendance, you must
- View all 12 recorded webinars at any time from Thursday, July 28 – Thursday, September 1, 2022.
- Engage in online questions, readings, and essential resources
- Mandatory attendance of all 3 live streams (Zoom) to guide participant learning:
Thursday, July 28, 2022, from 5:00pm to 6:00pm
Thursday, August 11, 2022, from 5:00pm to 6:00pm and
Thursday, August 25, 2022, from 5:00pm to 6:00pm
- Provide valid proof of Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification. Any additional cost to complete the Standard First Aid
- CPR Level C training is not included in registration fee. Information on scheduled ‘Standard First Aid, CPR Level C’ trainings will
- be provided so participants can independently arrange if needed. Discount rate pre-negotiated.Upon completion of the above criteria, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Click and pay online on the link
- The registration fee is $350.00
- The registration fee is due in full before date of first class*.
- Registration can only be processed ONLINE and payment is made with VISA or MASTERCARD only
- Please note: VISA DEBIT is not accepted
- As a reminder, registration is accepted on a first come, first serve basis as space is limited. Please register as soon as possible.
- If you require further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information is also on our website